Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

If I Stay


So if anyone in the world is actually reading or will be reading this I am going to pretend I'm famous with loads of people hanging on to my every word. I literally love reviewing books/ television shows/ movies, so naturally I guess I'll be doing that on here whilst adding my own sense of humor. Anyways, currently I am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. As of 7:11 on Friday May the 2nd, I am only a few chapters in. According to my kindle I am at 12%, so you can correlate that to how many pages or whatever you like. Soon enough (probably later tonight) I will finish it and update my thoughts on this book. However, so far I am quite enjoying this book. I have heard great things and so far the book has lived up to its praise. Forman's writing actually reminds me of John Green... In a way. Its difficult to explain, but people who have read both authors probably know what I'm talking about and if not then they're reading wrong.






So as of 10:30 on May the 3rd I have finished If I Stay and only one word comes to mind... WOW!
I haven't read such a powerful book since I read The Book Thief . I cant believe how much I cried. I barely even cried when I read TFIOS and that is one of my all time favorite books!!!!! It is such a refreshing story. And while you can easily predict the ending you will find yourself at the end before you know it. I didn't even realize I finished the book. I kept reading when I got to the Acknowledgments! I honestly think that this is one of the greatest books of all time. It makes you think about what you would do if you found yourself suddenly lost. Whether it be just a random hurdle you need to jump or a bridge you must cross into your next life. Sometimes life can do that. I guarantee you will think differently after you read this book and not only for a day or two. This book will haunt you for the rest of your life. You will always ask yourself, "Would I stay".


The next book I'll be reading is : Anna and the French Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment